5 key points for purchasing an air purifier
With so many air purifiers on the market, how should users choose? Let us explain to you the key points of choosing an air purifier.
[The importance of "breathing"]
The fresh air system can introduce fresh air to dilute and take away indoor pollutants. The higher the air exchange rate, the faster the pollutants can be diluted. But it is worth noting that the air-conditioning refrigeration system is different from the fresh air system. It can only circulate the indoor air and adjust the temperature, so don’t mistakenly think that turning on the air conditioner or turning on the fan can make the indoor air circulate. Quickly blow the virus around.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also has guidelines on this. They suggest that premises and hospitals can install purification equipment equipped with HEPA high-efficiency filters to filter viruses, bacteria, pollutants, and allergens. One of the schemes for gas times.
Consider installing HEPA combined with UVC ultraviolet lamps, UVC lamps only, or HEPA-only air purification equipment. When the UV in the UVC lamp destroys the cell walls of bacteria and viruses, if it is directly irradiated to the human body, it will damage the skin and eye cells, so it needs to be installed in a high place or in a hidden place, and the sterilization time of the UVC lamp depends on the intensity, generally by It lasts from a few minutes to 30 minutes, and is more suitable for auxiliary use. If you want to achieve the best purification effect, you should choose an air purifier equipped with both HEPA and UVC lamps.
[5 key points for purchasing an air purifier]
Point out the 5 key points to pay attention to when purchasing an air purifier:
- When choosing a HEPA filter, pay attention to its grade. The HEPA filter performance is generally divided into 85% to 99.97%. However, the Food and Environmental Hygiene Administration requires a filter performance of 99.97%. Therefore, only H13 or above HEPA filters can meet the standard .
- Pay attention to the airtightness of the fuselage. A good seal can prevent viruses and other pollutants from leaking through the gaps. In addition to improving the filtration efficiency, it also keeps the internal parts of the fuselage (such as fan blades) clean for a long time.
- Pay attention to the CCM value (cumulative cleaning capacity) of the purifier. Simply put, the larger the CCM value, the higher the amount of pollutants stored, and the longer the purification performance.
- It is best to choose a metal package filter. Compared with paper or styrofoam packaging, metal packaging is more moisture-resistant, antibacterial and airtight.
- As an additional function of air purifiers, some air purifiers on the market are equipped with photocatalysts in addition to UVC. Photocatalysts have the effect of strengthening sterilization and decomposing odors. For spaces that have just finished decoration or have peculiar smells, you can choose a purifier equipped with an activated carbon filter. The higher the amount of activated carbon, the stronger the adsorption capacity, achieving the multi-purpose effect of one machine.
AIRGLE air purifier
(Already included in the FEHD Air Purification Equipment List)